Protein shakes without using protein powder is one of healthiest things you can do for yourself affordably!
Did you know healthy fats make you thin? Did you know pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, papaya, pineapple, kale and baby greens are superfoods? Did you know that using a high-speed blender like a Vitamix or the Ninja Ultima™ blender keeps all the fiber viable so that the fructose that is in all fruit remains safe and usable to your body? Well now you do, so let’s get healthy and make an all Natural Superfood Protein Smoothie!
Researchers have discovered at least 45 different types of flavonoids in kale; Kale has been shown to lower bad types of cholesterol when steamed or cooked. When steamed kale’s fiber components more readily bind with bile acids in your digestive system. When cooked kale provides increased cholesterol-lowering ability, raw kale juice has those attributes too but not as much as when you steam or saute it before adding it to your smoothie and then blending.
- Kale is now officially recognized to lower the risk of cancer of the prostate, bladder, colon and ovaries. The glucosinolates in kale called Isothiocyanates (ITCs), are thought to be the main reason kale provides cancer risk-lowering benefits.
- Kale is a cruciferous vegetable and one of the most nutrient-dense foods on earth! It’s benefits include; lots of minerals; protein; anti-inflammatory properties; antioxidants; anti-cancer properties (glucosinolates) known to have cancer preventive benefits, and in some cases may reverse those conditions as well.
- An ounce of hemp seeds contains;protein: 10.3 g (21% daily value); fiber: 0.9 g (4%); zinc: 3.2 mg (21%); magnesium: 179 mg (45%); fat: 12.6 g (19%) that’s three quarters of the of RDA of vitamin E and about 1/3 the RDA of zinc an immune system booster.
- An ounce Pumpkin seeds have 10g of protein lots of minerals, almost 1/2 the RDA of magnesium, copper, manganese as well as phosphorous.
- An ounce of flax contains; protein: 5.1 g (10% daily value); fiber: 7.6 g (31%); manganese: 0.7 mg (35%); copper: 0.3 mg (17%); fat: 11.8 g (18%) (good for you) fatty acids.
- Per ounce chia contains; protein 4.4 g (9% daily value); fiber: 10.6 g (42%); phosphorus: 265 mg (27%); manganese: 0.6 mg (30%); calcium: 177 mg (18%); fat: 8.6 g (13%), they are an excellent source of calcium, Omega-3 fatty acids and phosphorous.
Pineapple benefits include that fact that it has only 50 calories per 100 grams. It also contains bromelain a proteolytic enzyme the not only aids digestion but has anti-cancerous, anti-inflammatory and anti-parasitic properties. It is also rich in vitamins A, C and minerals. It is a potent anti-inflammatory medically recognized as beneficial for recovering from injuries or infections, with cautions.
Papaya benefits include the digestive enzyme papain. It is also a potent source of vitamin C, folate, vitamin E, potassium, magnesium, copper, pantothenic acid, carotenoids such as beta-carotene and lycopene. Papaya also contains carpain, a chemical substance shown to be anti-parasitic. The concentration of carotenoid phytonutrients such as Vitamin A has been show to prevent the oxidation of cholesterol. Cholesterol, when it becomes oxidized, becomes sticky and forms dangerous plaques that can lead to heart attacks and strokes. One of the ways nature accomplishes this is vitamin C in combination with the enzyme paraoxonase present in papaya inhibits the large molecule (bad-types) of both LDL and HDL from oxidizing, thus aiding the prevention of atherosclerosis.
– Ingredients –
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Papaya
- 1/2 Cup fresh or frozen pineapple
- 3 Tbsp Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Hemp Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds (soaked overnight or longer in the fridge)
- 2 Tsp Flax Seeds (Golden organic fax works well)
- 1/2 Lime (juice of)
- 1 small hand-full of baby mixed greens
- 1 handful of Kale
Add the water and leafy greens to a blender and blend well.
Add the remaining ingredients, blend, and serve!
Optionally: Store in fridge up to 48 hours to consume later.
Enjoy your Natural Superfood Protein Smoothie!